Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.18 TFST Reunion 2012 [Outdoor Edition] @ Alley Pond Park (Queens) [CANCELLED]
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

Love you guys dearly but there needs to be food and drinks or this party is gonna suck lol

My suggestion.....

I think I recall in previous years admission was a little more but at least it included a hamburger/hot dog or something At some point someone can run to the store and get some things from the extra admission fee collected. It really doesn't make sense that you are asking people to bring their own stuff and then charging them a donation fee on top of it. Its almost like someone is paying someone else to go eat their own food at a free park... make sense?

You should tell everyone that they MUST bring food or something to be admitted or assign those attending to bring specific things needed or may be you can waive the admission fee for people who are bringing food to share.

It wont be fair to the people who do bring things to contribute if others don't bring anything and just mooch off other peoples shit

Another point is a lot of people don't have cars to be lugging coolers all the way to Queens from the city therefore can't bringing too much if anything at all since the food may need to be refrigerated and will spoil on their way there in the heat.

I dunno... but that's just how I feel about it. Opinions??

Old Post Jul-25-2012 21:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

Euphoria brings some good points.

This sounds like fun but I will most likely be out of town that weekend.

PS. Will this party be a trance only event?

Old Post Jul-25-2012 23:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

hahaha awesome! The good ol days of SunnySideUp and Road Kill

Wish I was in town, I would have stopped by for nostalgia purposes and to jam a little

Old Post Jul-25-2012 23:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
Euphoria brings some good points.

This sounds like fun but I will most likely be out of town that weekend.

Doubtful.....A few of the DJ's are into several genres and some don't spin trance at all anymore. There will also be House and Techno played at this event

Old Post Jul-26-2012 05:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BiG MiKE
:-|

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
Love you guys dearly but there needs to be food and drinks or this party is gonna suck lol

My suggestion.....

I think I recall in previous years admission was a little more but at least it included a hamburger/hot dog or something At some point someone can run to the store and get some things from the extra admission fee collected. It really doesn't make sense that you are asking people to bring their own stuff and then charging them a donation fee on top of it. Its almost like someone is paying someone else to go eat their own food at a free park... make sense?

You should tell everyone that they MUST bring food or something to be admitted or assign those attending to bring specific things needed or may be you can waive the admission fee for people who are bringing food to share.

It wont be fair to the people who do bring things to contribute if others don't bring anything and just mooch off other peoples shit

Another point is a lot of people don't have cars to be lugging coolers all the way to Queens from the city therefore can't bringing too much if anything at all since the food may need to be refrigerated and will spoil on their way there in the heat.

You're right Z. It's something that I actually talked about with the guys before as I knew this could make or break the party.

For people who bring food should not get charged the admission, but we encourage everyone to bring SOMETHING. I personally don't have a large enough budget to supply the food for an 8 or 9 hour event. So we will definitely need the help of the attendees.

I'll modifiy the original post.

Soundcloud

Old Post Jul-26-2012 07:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BiG MiKE Click here to Send BiG MiKE a Private Message Visit BiG MiKE's homepage! Add BiG MiKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BiG MiKE

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r

There will be a combination of genres. We're mostly aiming for the oldskool Trance, House, Progressive, Breaks, etc. sound, but we will play the new stuff as well

Soundcloud

Old Post Jul-26-2012 07:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BiG MiKE Click here to Send BiG MiKE a Private Message Visit BiG MiKE's homepage! Add BiG MiKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj tek
SSU MF !

quote:

My suggestion.....

ZEE !!!

what up girl, wow havent been on here in ages ~ lol

aight i'll get straight to the point about the food/drink thing.. the reason we decided not to privide food and drink is because this is not
the TFST 'BBQ' we threw annually ON July 4th in the past. if you remember, we did that for 3 years, 1st 2 years we charged 10 bux and provided all you can drink [soft drinks & BEER] and eat, and the final year we hosted we charged $15 for the same.

if you ask me thats a pretty fucking good deal. as you and some heads here already know, we've always been for the people and for the music, rarely for the busienss side of things.

how this event blossemed was when Mike approached me and threw out the idea. lots of ppl have been asking about TFST events thruout the years and when Mike hit me up it just made sense and felt that it was a good time to start some things off and take it from there.

i believe $5 donation is really not a big deal, we're living in an era where pack of cigs cost double that and to enjoy dope music in an open air environment on a summer day along with your friends is a privledge.

you have to understand if there was no upfront cost to organize this event why would we even charge ? lol providing proper sound & dj equipment, securing event permits all cost $$$ let alone manual labor as well lol

just wanted to clear that up, when we said $5 for noation, its really that, its to support our cause so that we can prepare the next event and make it even better. hope this made some sense to some of you guys. good to be back, i'll stick around for a while.

Old Post Jul-26-2012 13:12  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for dj tek Click here to Send dj tek a Private Message Visit dj tek's homepage! Add dj tek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Did you find out if you could get a grill yet? That pretty much depends on the type of stuff I will bring so just wanted to make sure. I'm making a massive list of things to buy right now and if there's no grill those items will significantly change lol

Old Post Jul-26-2012 14:32  United States
EarnYourKeep
LIT

all i remember from the last time was Jeff rolled the keg from the car and it was all foam and the next time the keg lasted about 7 mins total lol

Old Post Jul-26-2012 14:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj tek
SSU MF !

quote:
Did you find out if you could get a grill yet? That pretty much depends on the type of stuff I will bring so just wanted to make sure. I'm making a massive list of things to buy right now and if there's no grill those items will significantly change lol

oh yes, there will be a grill !

Old Post Jul-26-2012 15:14  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for dj tek Click here to Send dj tek a Private Message Visit dj tek's homepage! Add dj tek to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Alley Pond is pretty big, do you know exactly where within the park you will be setting up?

Old Post Jul-26-2012 18:12  United States
BiG MiKE

quote:
Alley Pond is pretty big, do you know exactly where within the park you will be setting up?

We're going tomorrow to check it out.

Soundcloud

Old Post Jul-26-2012 20:01  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.18 TFST Reunion 2012 [Outdoor Edition] @ Alley Pond Park (Queens) [CANCELLED]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread