Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.04 Gareth Emery & Special Guests @ Governors Beach Club
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
gmoney44
F Bitches..Get $

quote:
Originally posted by StrobeLifeNYC
If you've seen him recently, you'd just shake your head: the bastardized rock and pop bootlegs ("Smells Like Teen Spirit"), the electro bombs, and the overplayed top hits of today, the lack of flow. As a fellow DJ and producer, he's upset me with the lowest common denominator stuff he played out the last few times I caught him, which is really all it is unfortunately: a collection of music that the people leaving the Avicii and Afrojack stages can enjoy with a few new trance heads sprinkled in. For most people, it's not just a matter of "he doesn't play trance". He's gone the musical route of the Meatpacking District-style "mashups DJ", or NOW 92.3 DJs on Friday nights..

That says nothing about the rest of the lineup, which is stacked though. Blake Jarrell and Ben Gold are especially exciting and Jerome can be absolutely killer, not to mention what I know you'll bring to the stage. Still gonna try and make it for those sets at least!

bringing back Strobe Life? lmao..its been a while lol

Gerard Lavelle February 2013 Promo

Old Post Jul-17-2012 19:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gmoney44 Click here to Send gmoney44 a Private Message Visit gmoney44's homepage! Add gmoney44 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StrobeLifeNYC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
Gareth is a great DJ when he builds his dj set....when he doesn't build his DJ set and just plays track with no flow...he isn't much of a good DJ

Ex of a great gareth set....

Gareth Emery - The 50th Podcast Party @ Electrowerkz

This set was almost 5 years ago, which unfortunately I think is proving everyone's point.. What a tracklist though, WOW..

Old Post Jul-17-2012 19:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for StrobeLifeNYC Click here to Send StrobeLifeNYC a Private Message Add StrobeLifeNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StrobeLifeNYC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by gmoney44
bringing back Strobe Life? lmao..its been a while lol

hahaha Nah, just the sn... Can't throw my opinions out there the way I used to!

Old Post Jul-17-2012 19:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for StrobeLifeNYC Click here to Send StrobeLifeNYC a Private Message Add StrobeLifeNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
plexipr
Supreme tranceaddict

2012.08.04 Made Event presents Gareth Emery (Live) & Friends @ Governors Beach Club

Made Event is proud to present Gareth Emery Live with Ben Gold, Blake Jarrell, Jerome Isma-ae and Zack Roth at Governors Beach Club on Governors Island, NYC, Saturday, August 4, 2012. After sold out shows in Manchester and Miami, the Garuda Live Project is coming to the Big Apple. With a massive supporting line up, stunning stage production and FX, plus an audio and video live broadcast to the rest of the world, this is one show not to be missed!

Gareth Emery’s 2012 started off with a bang, with his single “Concrete Angel” premiering on Judge Jules’ BBC Radio 1, racking up over six million YouTube views and becoming one of the biggest dance tracks of the year. This was closely followed by "The Saga," another Beatport smash and festival favorite. In 2006, he started his ground-breaking, multiple IDMA-nominated podcast, ‘The Gareth Emery Podcast,’ marking him out as one of the key early adopters of the now ubiquitous format. Gareth Emery is consistently voted inside the DJMag Top 100 DJs Poll - peaking at Number 7 - with his burgeoning Garuda party spawning a critically acclaimed compilation, ‘The Sound Of Garuda.’ Building a musical brand around his name in record shops, download stores, radio and clubland has given him an all-encompassing reputation in dance music which is rivaled by few. Massively in demand across the globe, he comes to New York City ready to scintillate Governors Island with his potent blend of trance, house, electro and techno -- bringing two of trance’s brightest young stars Ben Gold and Blake Jarrell, Germany’s progressive house producer Jerome Isma-ae and New York’s own Zack Roth.

The 18+ event will take place from 4 p.m. to midnight at Governors Beach Club, which encompasses a 4-story tent with open walls, an open air beach, VIP areas, a state of the art sound and light system, over 100 feet of bar space, and spectacular views of New York City.

Saturday, August 4th
Made Event presents

Gareth Emery Live
Ben Gold
Blake Jarrell
Jerome Isma-ae
Zack Roth

Governors Beach Club
Governors Island, NYC
4pm - 12am, 18+

Tickets are available at www.madeevent.com. Round-trip ferry transport included.

facebook.com/garethemery
twitter.com/garethemery
www.garethemery.com

facebook.com/madeevent
twitter.com/madeevent
www.madeevent.com

Old Post Jul-18-2012 18:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for plexipr Click here to Send plexipr a Private Message Visit plexipr's homepage! Add plexipr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:

Hhahaha, smart man smart man.

I did a double take when I saw the name

Old Post Jul-18-2012 21:37  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira Yin
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Clever idea. Damn. ...Can I borrow the SN too? :P

Old Post Jul-24-2012 00:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Yin Click here to Send Lira Yin a Private Message Visit Lira Yin's homepage! Add Lira Yin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Excess
Somewhere, Out There

quote:
Originally posted by Lira Yin
Clever idea. Damn. ...Can I borrow the SN too? :P

incoming collaborative alias for artists on the board to speak their real thoughts

Old Post Jul-24-2012 00:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Excess Click here to Send Excess a Private Message Visit Excess's homepage! Add Excess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StrobeLifeNYC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Excess
incoming collaborative alias for artists on the board to speak their real thoughts

Username: The P-Nut Gallery

Old Post Jul-24-2012 17:44  United States
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

fuck me. I would kill to hear the longest road in a club or a festival.

edit: I fail at posting. I meant to quote the set on previews page *facepalm*

Old Post Jul-24-2012 19:04  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
brinboston
tranceaddict

are there set times posted yet for this? Thanks

Old Post Aug-02-2012 19:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for brinboston Click here to Send brinboston a Private Message Add brinboston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RemiX
Senior tranceaddict

Governors island is a great venue. Too bad a F'n vodka and tonic costs $18.

Are they broadcasting the whole day or just gareth's set?

Old Post Aug-02-2012 20:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RemiX Click here to Send RemiX a Private Message Add RemiX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r2e
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by brinboston
are there set times posted yet for this? Thanks
Saw it on FB - each set is an hour and a half, except for

ZR: 4-530
BJ: 530-7
JI: 7-830
GE: 830-11
BG: 11-12

Kinda bummed Zach's set isn't going to be broadcast on youtube though...

Last edited by r2e on Aug-03-2012 at 21:05

Old Post Aug-02-2012 22:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for r2e Click here to Send r2e a Private Message Add r2e to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.04 Gareth Emery & Special Guests @ Governors Beach Club
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread