Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2011.09.09 Time to get iLL w Dixon - Live at Robert Johnson Volume 8
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cheapsunglasses
tranceaddict in training

2011.09.09 Time to get iLL w Dixon - Live at Robert Johnson Volume 8

Its very rare that we experience 'moments' anymore on the dance floor. We all miss Twilo and the good ole days when DJs were blowing our minds. Very rare does a talent come along that takes you back to when the magic was happening. That talent is Dixon. From the first time I really got to experience Dixon on a big stage I knew he was in a class all of his own. My best moment on a dance floor yet came during his Sunday School set the first year we did "Cheapsunglasses." He dropped Laurent Garnier's Panoramix mid set, and the place just went bananas. I was standing next to Ame at the time and he just looked at me and smiled. I knew it was something from his label. I absolutely lost myself in the ms20 bass line and couldn't stop dancing. I knew then I may have a new favorite DJ....

"Dixon has mixed Live at Robert Johnson Vol.8, due for release September 12th"

More about that later, now the good stuff:

Dixon (Innervisions / True Berlin) 4 Hour Extended Set!!

Opening Set By:
Fahad (BLK|Market / NYC)

Good Units
356 West 58th st
Sub-Basement of the Hudson Hotel

If you went to Robag in May or Onur this August, you know your in for a serious sound and light install. Top production installed by Oxygen Light Works, and sound by yours truly. Good Units has never looked like this....

Pre Sale Tickets Will Be Available from RA:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/even...?285911

RSVP to timetogetillnyc@gmail.com for Discounted Entry. Max 2 names per email only....

More on Robert Jonson Vol. 8

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news...d=14326

Dixon has mixed Live at Robert Johnson Vol.8, due for release in September.

The Berlin DJ and producer was a natural choice for Robert Johnson's mix series. He's been a resident at the Offenbach club for years, and has brought a fresh and unusual approach to some of his mixes in the past, most notably The Grandfather Paradox, his collaborative effort with ¬me and Henrik Schwarz. The new mix shows him at his least conventional, holding back the kick drum for the entire first half as he weaves through kosmische and ambient pieces. By the end, though, he's easing into club mode, dropping a few of his own edits and closing with Todd Terje's "Snooze 4 Love," a staple of his recent DJ sets.

According to a press release, the mix CD will be the last for Dixon as well as Live at Robert Johnson, both of whom feel the format has run its course. From here on out, LARJ will only release EPs and unmixed compilations, "free of the rules that tempo, blending and arrangements dictate." Dixon, meanwhile, will focus entirely on his club sets, productions and his label, Innervisions. In the span of its three-year run, the Live at Robert Johnson series has featured acclaimed mixes by Prins Thomas, Roman Flugel, club founder Ata and Gerd Janson & Thomas Hammann among others.

Live at Robert Johnson Vol.8 will be available in a regular jewel case or in a limited edition box set with additional placeholders for the past three editions.

Tracklist
01. P. …ladan - Morgenthal (Dixon Edit)
02. Ursula Bogner - 2 Ton
03. Dominique - He Said
04. Hauschka - Wonder
05. Barnt - Collection (Dixon Edit)
06. Agoria - For One Hour (feat. Scalde)
07. Hatikvah - Big Mind
08. Kenton Slash Demon - Daemon (Axel Boman Dub Remix / Dixon Edit)
09. Cologne Tape - Render 2 (Magazine Edit)
10. Mark E - Call Me (Dixon Edit)
11. Roman FlŁgel - Dishes & Wishes
12. Bruno Gauthier - Existing Reality
13. Osunlade - Envision (¬me Remix / Dixon Edit)
14. Todd Terje - Snooze 4 Love

Live at Robert Johnson will release Live At Robert Johnson Vol.8 on September 12th, 2011.

Last edited by euphoria on Aug-29-2011 at 19:33

Old Post Aug-29-2011 18:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cheapsunglasses Click here to Send cheapsunglasses a Private Message Add cheapsunglasses to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cheapsunglasses
tranceaddict in training

discounted presales going fast, get them before they are gone!

L-

Old Post Sep-06-2011 15:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cheapsunglasses Click here to Send cheapsunglasses a Private Message Add cheapsunglasses to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2011.09.09 Time to get iLL w Dixon - Live at Robert Johnson Volume 8
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread