Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.09.06 ESSCALA Presents: Solarstone, Giuseppe Ottaviani, & Orkidea @ Santos Party House
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TrancEdifice
Supreme tranceaddict

Nice to hear actual TRANCE again, lol! Orkidea and Solarstone did not disappoint; Giuseppe, while not terrible, did leave something to be desired; really wanted to listen to something like his remix of "Something for Your Mind" or, especially on account of missing Sneijder last week ><, his remix of Giuseppe's Ready. I still liked it enough that I was not disappointed having stayed till the end.

Highlights: Southern Sun and Seven Cities. It was a good move to have not heard these tracks at all for some years now, since they sounded that much better having heard them again after so long

Old Post Sep-08-2013 04:09  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TrancEdifice Click here to Send TrancEdifice a Private Message Add TrancEdifice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by TrancEdifice
Nice to hear actual TRANCE again, lol! Orkidea and Solarstone did not disappoint; Giuseppe, while not terrible, did leave something to be desired; really wanted to listen to something like his remix of "Something for Your Mind" or, especially on account of missing Sneijder last week ><, his remix of Giuseppe's Ready. I still liked it enough that I was not disappointed having stayed till the end.

Highlights: Southern Sun and Seven Cities. It was a good move to have not heard these tracks at all for some years now, since they sounded that much better having heard them again after so long

you didnt say hi!!!

i thought i saw you with some girl, well its good to hear that you're going out still

keep in touch

Old Post Sep-08-2013 08:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

best trance party ive been to since hardwick @ arc...

Old Post Sep-08-2013 22:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb

best trance party ive been to since hardwick @ arc...

good vids, but best trance party since arc?
damn you dont go out much ha ha ha

Old Post Sep-08-2013 22:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
good vids, but best trance party since arc?
damn you dont go out much ha ha ha

true haha, but it was still sick

Old Post Sep-08-2013 23:35  United States
mmarino137
tranceaddict

What a night indeed! Solarstone was incredible, GO played pretty typical set, but loved every second of it. Glad he played Lost for Words and some others.

Sound system at Santos could definitely be better, but venue and crowd-wise, not terrible. Few obnoxious folks but otherwise not bad, will definitely return for another weekly Esscala event. Glad to have finally gotten to experience one, especially with those legends.

Old Post Sep-09-2013 15:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mmarino137 Click here to Send mmarino137 a Private Message Add mmarino137 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
viperx29
Senior tranceaddict

Woow that guiseppe vid blew my mind i NEED to start going to these trance events......before simon patterson i havent been to a good trance event since back in 2010 at pacha for ronski speed and andy moor

Old Post Sep-09-2013 17:57  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for viperx29 Click here to Send viperx29 a Private Message Add viperx29 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
a.l.d.i.
Supreme tranceaddict

First things first: true hero in this night was Orkedia.

i got there at 11:30. there was a huge line. after questioning a few people i realized they just started letting people in. hence the line. i walked into a mid packed club with Dj orkedia on the deck. Guy warmed up the crowd properly. You can tell he knew his music and he did a good job. Build it up from prog house to closing his set with unity. the only downfall was that the speakers were low up until last 15 mins of his set. W T F!!!!! best guy in the books and his sound was majorly cut down. great -fucking-going there guys.

Solarstone took over and was a snooze fest from the get go. If he didnt play vocals he would be playing some boring uplifting tracks. it was a roller-coaster of bad to mediocre songs. and those speakers did not help the cause. For an hr they were barely on for Orkedia. They started to pick up with solarstone but then as they got louder they were muddy and horrible. We could barely hear any crispness. wtf is a pure trance event without the crispy highs?

Between solar stone and GO it felt like a kareokee stand alone for the rest of the night.

the crowd was alright. not a lot of raging and definitely minimal neons. therefore crowd was normal. sure the typical random pushed and shoved but it was packed. It was sad to admit but most of them were there mostly to hear loud obnoxious sidechained pads and effects so GO was the guy for that. after GO opening with the typical over played vocal he followed it up with This Is What It Feels Like. i stayed for an other 20 more minutes then i had to run out. i was tired. GO didng do trouse during the time i was there but sure as hell he was playing agry stuff.

btw those videos posted previously... were pretty much the highlight of the hole night. anyways glad to get to hear unity live again from the man himself. also if you are reading this mister Orkedia : Killa needs a re-master edition with some low Eq boost. its a good song but doesn't do well live.

conclusion : confused but somewhat happy to read that most of people here are saying solarstone was good. glad to hear at least the majority of people had fun.

Old Post Sep-09-2013 21:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for a.l.d.i. Click here to Send a.l.d.i. a Private Message Add a.l.d.i. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by viperx29
i NEED to start going to these trance events.....

you should def. put Eco on your list, this Friday!
sounds like the venue was typical

Old Post Sep-09-2013 22:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
niinah
Senior tranceaddict

Agreeing with a.l.d.i. :
Orkidea was great as always , Solarstone borish, and soon after GO started I was too tired and left
It was great to go out and hear some good music for a change

Also got a chance to talk with Orkidea and take some pictures with our musical hero

Overall this was an OK venue, not too packed, no complaints regarding organization except they opened the doors late hence the long line.
Interesting toilets with swinging doors and no locks, but no line so can not complain too much. Drinks = expensive and was confused if tip was included in cash prices (was included on credit card).

Last edited by niinah on Sep-09-2013 at 22:56

Old Post Sep-09-2013 22:47  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for niinah Click here to Send niinah a Private Message Add niinah to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
viperx29
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CarS
you should def. put Eco on your list, this Friday!
sounds like the venue was typical

I bought my tix last month!!!

Old Post Sep-10-2013 02:55  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for viperx29 Click here to Send viperx29 a Private Message Add viperx29 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by viperx29
I bought my tix last month!!!

c u there.
you'll find me, everyone seems to, even when no know, lol

Old Post Sep-10-2013 03:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.09.06 ESSCALA Presents: Solarstone, Giuseppe Ottaviani, & Orkidea @ Santos Party House
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread