Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.07.28 ERIC PRYDZ! w/ Brad Miller @ Beekman Beach Club, NYC
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
lounger540
Techno Supreme

I asked clubtickets for a refund and they wrote back that bullshit email.

My response,

quote:
Refund please.
And this canned response is a lie. Pacha oversold the event, and continued to sell tickets at the door. They did not have enough staff to manage the line and it was overflowing into public spaces in one of the most expensive areas of NYC, Wall St.

Pacha isn't new, they should know how to sell and run an event, no excuses. They also did this last month with their Loco Dice party. I don't know why you people continue to do business with such a poorly run partner. I wish I knew Pacha was involved when I bought the tickets, but their name wasn't on the flyer at the time. I'd be ashamed of my brand if I were them too. Never again with Pacha.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 17:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kingchinc
Captain Closer

damn son, this is more dramatic than a korean soap opera

Old Post Jul-30-2012 18:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kingchinc Click here to Send kingchinc a Private Message Add kingchinc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kingchinc
damn son, this is more dramatic than a korean soap opera

you lucked out

Old Post Jul-30-2012 19:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
you lucked out

woops..

Old Post Jul-30-2012 19:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kingchinc
Captain Closer

anyone end up going to pacha? Did he play? if so, how was it?

Old Post Jul-30-2012 20:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kingchinc Click here to Send kingchinc a Private Message Add kingchinc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
Bullshit. All ther fault. They were still selling tickets at the door, line wrapped around into the streets, venue ram packed already. Same shit as loco dice party. If they haven't been doing this for years I'd give them a break on one event. But this is fucking Pacha, they have been around forever and do dumb shit all the time.

How did they not expect this turnout? They know how many ticked were sold.
They really must take us for idiots. Unfortunately most people there were.

Don't forget that Loco Dice was originally supposed to be at the Brooklyn Terminal venue, and I'd guess that Eric Prydz was supposed to be there as well.

It's tough to find outdoor space in NYC right now.

Anyhow...just trying to give a different point of view.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 21:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BasicNYC Click here to Send BasicNYC a Private Message Visit BasicNYC's homepage! Add BasicNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by BasicNYC
Don't forget that Loco Dice was originally supposed to be at the Brooklyn Terminal venue, and I'd guess that Eric Prydz was supposed to be there as well.

When one venue goes down the tubes, it's tough to find a similar replacement - especially with outdoor spaces.

pacha has been promoting prydz at beekman since day1
there was never another venue or change in venue
they knew the capacity of the place and just got greedy pure and simple

Old Post Jul-30-2012 21:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
pacha has been promoting prydz at beekman since day1
there was never another venue or change in venue
they knew the capacity of the place and just got greedy pure and simple

Prydz was most likely set up well before the Terminal venue was ever announced.

I'm pretty sure the beekman was absolutely their last choice for a venue.

I know for a fact that Pacha had multiple dates booked at the Terminal venue for the whole summer, and all of them had to be scrapped.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BasicNYC Click here to Send BasicNYC a Private Message Visit BasicNYC's homepage! Add BasicNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Prydz was most likely set up well before the Terminal venue was ever announced.

I'm pretty sure the beekman was absolutely their last choice for a venue.

I know for a fact that Pacha had multiple dates booked at the Terminal venue for the whole summer, and all of them had to be scrapped.

iam not saying thats not true, but given prydz touring scedule and the hours of operation for bk terminal (which was only till midnight i believe) i doubt that was gonna work

but say that the party was suppose to be at terminal originally and got moved to beekman, they still promoted it from day 1 at beekman. they should have came up with a new game plan around beekmans capacity and how the night should work.
it was run very poorly and for them to very much know the capacity of the venue and how many advanced tickets were sold and still charge people 60-80 bucks is def shady.
they knew what they were doing

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
iam not saying thats not true, but given prydz touring scedule and the hours of operation for bk terminal (which was only till midnight i believe) i doubt that was gonna work

but say that the party was suppose to be at terminal originally and got moved to beekman, they still promoted it from day 1 at beekman. they should have came up with a new game plan around beekmans capacity and how the night should work.
it was run very poorly and for them to very much know the capacity of the venue and how many advanced tickets were sold and still charge people 60-80 bucks is def shady.
they knew what they were doing

I'm just saying the idea that Pacha booked Prydz at Beekman with the intent to rip everyone off doesn't hold water for me.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:14  United States
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I'm just saying the idea that Pacha booked Prydz at Beekman with the intent to rip everyone off doesn't hold water for me.

I don't think there was any premeditated intent to rip anyone off. I think Pacha doesn't give a shit about their patrons. They've proved this time and time again by choosing to pack in venues rather than provide a good experience. And they opted to move forward with a venue knowing it had been shut down multiple times in a three month period because they wanted to make money.

if this had been a one time thing ok, whatever, everyone makes mistakes. But it's not a one time thing, almost everyone on this board has quit going to Pacha for good reason. Everyone is just extra mad because it's Prydz and the promoters shouldn't have taken such a huge risk with an artist who never comes to NY.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme

quote:

It's tough to find outdoor space in NYC right now.

Anyhow...just trying to give a different point of view.

The Loco Dice thing for me was more about the staff. The line was moving way too slow for ticket holders, and the whole time they had bouncers taking bribes to let people cut. Big bribes, for a party that was only a few hours long anyway. I have this on video. I originally put it up on FB but I felt bad blasting out the other promoters involved when I knew it was Pacha staff specifically causing problems.

Same thing at this party, the line was joke. Security yelling at people to make two lines and then one, and then two. When you're throwing a 18+ party you should assume you're not going to be able to get an orderly crowd unless you make it very easy. Want two lines? Make two lines with barricades and label them from the start.

I'm willing to bet that if they didn't oversell the venue they knew they had from the start, didn't sell tickets at the door and/or have a decent queue system setup from the get go, they wouldn't have had a mob of people overflow into the Financial District, not a tolerant area of riff raff.

I don't think Pacha planned on screwing us. I believe they're just incompetent and greedy, and in any other business this would be a deal breaker, but these EDM kids have no problem getting fucked over time and time again.

I also understand this is a business with a log of drama, egos and co-dependencies so everyone likes to put on a happy face, but at this point I can't beleive anyone still would risk working with Pacha. It's such a dirty brand in NYC for the core EDM scene and the dirt smears everywhere.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.07.28 ERIC PRYDZ! w/ Brad Miller @ Beekman Beach Club, NYC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread