Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.08.30-2013.09.01 Electric Zoo 2013! [CANCELLED]
Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
Dixon was #3 on RA Top 100 this year. I don't know much about him but he's popular.

I saw him go b2b with Ame 5hr set last year 4th of July, it was very deep housey but great skill.

But i agree he is def not festival headliner material especially in NYC Sunday School..maybe overseas

Old Post May-09-2013 18:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnoonstar Click here to Send djnoonstar a Private Message Add djnoonstar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Menaschetrois
I agree with you for sure, but... until we know who they have booked it's just all speculation.

We know what EDC has so we know who ISN'T coming for sure already. I think that should help us figure out who else they could book. Most of the mainstream crap seems to have been weeded out already on the Mainstages.

Well we know the Riverside tent is a complete wash with having label showcases for Skrillex, Atrak and Aoki. The Hillside is already almost full with shit for all days. Unless they stick some quality stuff during the day on the mainstage, Sunday School is what we got. And I'm not even talking about solid trance, that's another story.

So you figure they announce 12-15 more names to announce for Sunday School. And I don't expect Cadenza and CLR showcases for either days being announced in the next and final lineup announcement.

Praying to be surprised.

Old Post May-09-2013 18:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Praying to be surprised.

With you on this..that last phase will decide if i sell my ticket

Old Post May-09-2013 18:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnoonstar Click here to Send djnoonstar a Private Message Add djnoonstar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I personally think Dixon is incredible. His set last year at Ezoo was top 3 of the entire weekend imo. I'm excited to see him.

I just don't understand all you guys talking about this lineup like it's complete.

You shit on EDC because they released their lineup like 3 weeks before the show, and now you're shitting on Ezoo for releasing 2 phases (when by my count they still have like 80 more DJs to announce) 4 months before the show.

STFU.

They generally release the big guns to get people to buy tickets, correct?

Well these guns aren't very big.

Old Post May-09-2013 18:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I agree with you for sure, but... until we know who they have booked it's just all speculation.

I would've said the exact same thing two years ago

Old Post May-09-2013 19:25  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Menaschetrois
tranceaddict

quote:
They generally release the big guns to get people to buy tickets, correct?

Well these guns aren't very big.

I think their idea of big guns to get people to buy tickets already did the job though: Avicii, Alesso, Tiesto, Guetta, Dada, Hardwell, Armin, Ingrosso, Aoki, Laidback Luke, Zedd..

Now, I'd think they would want more substance at this point.

Old Post May-09-2013 20:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Menaschetrois Click here to Send Menaschetrois a Private Message Add Menaschetrois to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I think their idea of big guns to get people to buy tickets already did the job though: Avicii, Alesso, Tiesto, Guetta, Dada, Hardwell, Armin, Ingrosso, Aoki, Laidback Luke, Zedd..

Now, I'd think they would want more substance at this point.

Last year, people were frothing at the mouth over Luciano/Reboot/Sasha/Liebing/Paco/Marco

That's what I meant.

Old Post May-09-2013 20:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Last year, people were frothing at the mouth over Luciano/Reboot/Sasha/Liebing/Paco/Marco

That's what I meant.

Exactly. Most people were thinking of lineups like the Showcases for East Ender Barcelona. www.eastenderpark.com

And that's an "off party" to Sonar! How does a powerhouse like Ezoo come up so short in comparison??

Old Post May-09-2013 21:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Menaschetrois
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Exactly. Most people were thinking of lineups like the Showcases for East Ender Barcelona. www.eastenderpark.com

And that's an "off party" to Sonar! How does a powerhouse like Ezoo come up so short in comparison??

Just saying... Last year they added a total of 27 people from phase 1 to phase 2...

This year, they have another 70 acts to announce for phase 3. I just think it's way to early to be shitting on the lineup. Like I said before when speaking about ticket sales... "Most people" are not thinking of lineups like we are. We are a minority at this point (very unfortunate, but has to be true). Most people want exactly what they've announced so far.

I'm saying this just based on looking at the EDC facebook page and seeing how people were bitching because of the headliners.

I just believe that with 70 people to announce, they can still very well bring in some SOLID DJs.

You're looking at a total of maybe 6-10 of those going on main stage. 10-12 for hilltop, and 20-25 for riverside. So, add up those top end things and you get what, 45-50? So 20-25 more people just for Sunday School in 3 days. That's like 7 a day. It's a lot more room for improvement.

EDIT: God... I feel like an Ezoo promoter. Blah.

Old Post May-09-2013 22:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Menaschetrois Click here to Send Menaschetrois a Private Message Add Menaschetrois to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

My gripe right now is by Phase 2 last year, we pretty much had the whole Sunday School line up and this year we only have 2 names each day so far which are supposed to be the headliners and not even headline material imo, except Adam Beyer for Drumcode

So it leaves me wondering if these are supposed to be the biggest name that day, who else will they bring

Old Post May-09-2013 22:48  United States
Menaschetrois
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djnoonstar
My gripe right now is by Phase 2 last year, we pretty much had the whole Sunday School line up and this year we only have 2 names each day so far which are supposed to be the headliners and not even headline material imo, except Adam Beyer for Drumcode

So it leaves me wondering if these are supposed to be the biggest name that day, who else will they bring

I mean.. You don't think Digweed is headliner material? What's really the difference between him and Sasha (personal preference aside)?

Old Post May-09-2013 22:52  United States
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I mean.. You don't think Digweed is headliner material? What's really the difference between him and Sasha (personal preference aside)?

OK you got me there on Diggers, i just dont think Dixon or VC should have been announced as Sunday School headliners. I guess im still stuck on what they brought previous years in those slots..but we will see, im gonna leave it alone now till phase 3

Old Post May-09-2013 23:44  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.08.30-2013.09.01 Electric Zoo 2013! [CANCELLED]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread