Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.07.28 ERIC PRYDZ! w/ Brad Miller @ Beekman Beach Club, NYC
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

Well, I thought I would share some things from a different perspective. You guys can digest the information however you choose.

I'm having dinner now, myself.

Obviously you guys have had some crappy experiences with these events. Sorry.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BasicNYC Click here to Send BasicNYC a Private Message Visit BasicNYC's homepage! Add BasicNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

So you think that Pacha staff were responsible for the security guards taking bribes from people at Dekalb Market?

You don't think Pacha took a huge hit by moving Loco Dice from Terminal Market to the other venue? You don't think Loco Dice himself costs an arm and a leg to book?

Most security that works at these venues are hired by the venue - not the promoter. That's the problem. They have their own contracts and cannot just import an entire security team for a one-off event.

Also it's not about a "happy face"...people are speculating based on their personal experience - not necessarily the facts.

I wasn't there on Saturday, have no idea what went down, but I'm pretty sure there's a bigger picture than just making "Pacha" out to be the boogieman here.

Pacha does a lot of things in NYC and beyond, the idea that anything they do is "dirty" for NYC is a little ludicrous to me....that's just my opinion of course.

quote:
Originally posted by lounger540
The Loco Dice thing for me was more about the staff. The line was moving way too slow for ticket holders, and the whole time they had bouncers taking bribes to let people cut. Big bribes, for a party that was only a few hours long anyway. I have this on video. I originally put it up on FB but I felt bad blasting out the other promoters involved when I knew it was Pacha staff specifically causing problems.

Same thing at this party, the line was joke. Security yelling at people to make two lines and then one, and then two. When you're throwing a 18+ party you should assume you're not going to be able to get an orderly crowd unless you make it very easy. Want two lines? Make two lines with barricades and label them from the start.

I'm willing to bet that if they didn't oversell the venue they knew they had from the start, didn't sell tickets at the door and/or have a decent queue system setup from the get go, they wouldn't have had a mob of people overflow into the Financial District, not a tolerant area of riff raff.

I don't think Pacha planned on screwing us. I believe they're just incompetent and greedy, and in any other business this would be a deal breaker, but these EDM kids have no problem getting fucked over time and time again.

I also understand this is a business with a log of drama, egos and co-dependencies so everyone likes to put on a happy face, but at this point I can't beleive anyone still would risk working with Pacha. It's such a dirty brand in NYC for the core EDM scene and the dirt smears everywhere.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 22:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BasicNYC Click here to Send BasicNYC a Private Message Visit BasicNYC's homepage! Add BasicNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by BasicNYC
Prydz was most likely set up well before the Terminal venue was ever announced.

I'm pretty sure the beekman was absolutely their last choice for a venue.

I know for a fact that Pacha had multiple dates booked at the Terminal venue for the whole summer, and all of them had to be scrapped.

Sorry but if you are booking a guy like a Prydz...you need to book him in the right venue....not some half ass venue...

doesn't matter if its summer time or not...Prydz should have been booked a legit Venue....

[QUOTE=thisisyumpop]I am a Wealth Management Advisor accused of selling and partying on a public forum where the NYPD street crimes and drug units read threads to get info on parties to shut down. This is not some bumblefuck hood, it is very serious. They could get my ip and investigate me over a lie. I could lose my entire career. The people on ta that know this are serious, this is too much[/quote]

Old Post Jul-30-2012 23:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

and having Prydz at Beekman was def the wrong decision....

I remember DubFire, TMB and some other DJ were all supposed to play Beekman on July 3rd but the Trust Us guys switched venues cause they knew there was goin to be problem

[QUOTE=thisisyumpop]I am a Wealth Management Advisor accused of selling and partying on a public forum where the NYPD street crimes and drug units read threads to get info on parties to shut down. This is not some bumblefuck hood, it is very serious. They could get my ip and investigate me over a lie. I could lose my entire career. The people on ta that know this are serious, this is too much[/quote]

Old Post Jul-30-2012 23:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme

Quite honestly it doesn't particularly matter to me what the specifics are of this party or any before it. When you put your brand on something, you're responsible for everything, the good with the bad. That's how every business works. If something goes wrong, you apologize and correct it.

There's such a repeat pattern of bad experiences and customer service when it comes to events that Pacha NYC is involved with, I find it hard to believe that it's a huge unlucky coincidence and that they're doing everything in their power to take care of their customers.

I've been to a few events at Dekalb and many Dance.Here.Now. events and Loco Dice was the only one where the staff was unprofessional. The only difference was Pacha's involvement. If it wasn't there staff, they should of had someone at least working with them, they were after all wearing Pacha t-shirts. A hands-off approach does not clear them of responsibility.

Old Post Jul-30-2012 23:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

Pacha and who ever RPM is definitely got too greedy. I got there around 10:15 and they changed the admission from $60 to $80.

I know it always happens but they oversold by A LOT. And how do they expect to have that many people with that many bathrooms? The lines for the bathrooms was about half hour. How is that acceptable? Guys were pissing all over the place and management didn't even care. It was just unacceptable after paying that much money to go to a party.

I have been to many overcrowded parties before but didn't encounter that. And we were told to "get the fuck out" as we were leaving the door. That's just messed up.

I'm happy to see that clubtickets is at least offering refunds. They should have been more apologetic that night and instead of inviting everyone to Pacha.

And to Basic NYC, i know where you are coming from with this but you had to be there to understand how much of a disaster it was. You guys have been organizing and running events for years and I'm pretty sure you would have more been more pissed off than everybody else. As a business owner, its unacceptable to charge people that much money and not offer anything in return. Yeah, I got to hear a nice set by Brad Miller and had few drinks and that was pretty much it. That Paige guy was pretty horrible and have no clue why he got on the lineup.

Anyways, I will be e-mailing them now and will see what happen.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 00:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
That Paige guy was pretty horrible and have no clue why he got on the lineup.

not from the rumor i heard...
people told me you were loving every min of it, broke out your neon green sunglasses and all
but then again it was just a rumor

Old Post Jul-31-2012 00:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StrobeLifeNYC
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Pacha does a lot of things in NYC and beyond, the idea that anything they do is "dirty" for NYC is a little ludicrous to me....that's just my opinion of course.

We all understand where you're coming from, or anyone who's working with them in the near future or have been for a long time. It's in your best interest to defend them.

I stopped supporting Pacha events after my last time seeing DT (which was probably like strike 24 after all the bad experiences I've had at that place). They closed all the doors in the upstairs room, told everyone we couldn't leave and panic ensued. People started freaking out and the bouncers stood behind the closed doors to make sure the crowd didn't topple them over. It was shoulder to shoulder packed and tensions were running high, no staff was to be seen anywhere other than the bar. After about an hour like this, people breathing on each other and mini-fights breaking out, they started letting in 3-5 people out per minute. It was like some kind of sick joke and I'll never understand why, because when I made it back to main floor (after an hour and a half stuck shoulder to shoulder with people) it was pretty much 50% empty, room everywhere. But still, a total torture box and fire hazard waiting to happen upstairs...

To imagine people having to deal with that again this weekend, either at the Beekman or at Pacha, it would be an absolute nightmare. From what I'm seeing and hearing, it was worse. Unacceptable, please don't defend them, the parties you play at and organize are almost always of the highest quality and vibe.

Last edited by StrobeLifeNYC on Jul-31-2012 at 01:10

Old Post Jul-31-2012 01:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for StrobeLifeNYC Click here to Send StrobeLifeNYC a Private Message Add StrobeLifeNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Burak14
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I'm just saying the idea that Pacha booked Prydz at Beekman with the intent to rip everyone off doesn't hold water for me.

you don't think they intend to rip off people when they sell x3 amount tickets of what the capacity is?

Old Post Jul-31-2012 01:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Burak14 Click here to Send Burak14 a Private Message Add Burak14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shosko
Junior tranceaddict

I'm honestly not sure why this is much of a surprise at a Pacha event. In my opinion Pacha's primary goal first and foremost, is to pack a venue out. I have never, ever been denied entrance to an event of theirs because of capacity, but I've been to way too many that at felt far beyond capacity, many to the point where they are un-danceable.

Pacha isn't in the business of curating electronic music experiences. They're in the business of making money, and they'll book whoever will bring in the most sales. It's what separates Pacha from PS1 warmup parties or Cielo, for example.

That being said, I'm not surprised by what happened Saturday. That's why I didn't go.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 01:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for shosko Click here to Send shosko a Private Message Visit shosko's homepage! Add shosko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
and having Prydz at Beekman was def the wrong decision....

I remember DubFire, TMB and some other DJ were all supposed to play Beekman on July 3rd but the Trust Us guys switched venues cause they knew there was goin to be problem

Why did you have to remind us of Dubfire...way to spoil our vacation dude!

lol

Old Post Jul-31-2012 01:54  United States
BasicNYC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by StrobeLifeNYC
We all understand where you're coming from, or anyone who's working with them in the near future or have been for a long time. It's in your best interest to defend them.

I stopped supporting Pacha events after my last time seeing DT (which was probably like strike 24 after all the bad experiences I've had at that place). They closed all the doors in the upstairs room, told everyone we couldn't leave and panic ensued. People started freaking out and the bouncers stood behind the closed doors to make sure the crowd didn't topple them over. It was shoulder to shoulder packed and tensions were running high, no staff was to be seen anywhere other than the bar. After about an hour like this, people breathing on each other and mini-fights breaking out, they started letting in 3-5 people out per minute. It was like some kind of sick joke and I'll never understand why, because when I made it back to main floor (after an hour and a half stuck shoulder to shoulder with people) it was pretty much 50% empty, room everywhere. But still, a total torture box and fire hazard waiting to happen upstairs...

To imagine people having to deal with that again this weekend, either at the Beekman or at Pacha, it would be an absolute nightmare. From what I'm seeing and hearing, it was worse. Unacceptable, please don't defend them, the parties you play at and organize are almost always of the highest quality and vibe.

Honestly, if I was worried about my "best interests" I would keep my mouth shut and let everyone rage away here.

I'm not trying to "defend" anyone and I wasnt at the Beekman. I'm just trying to offer a different perspective. That's all.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 01:58  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.07.28 ERIC PRYDZ! w/ Brad Miller @ Beekman Beach Club, NYC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread