Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.05.23-2013.05.26 Mysteryland USA
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

brostep, like.

or put another way kiddie edm vs adult, or better juvenile vs mature. plenty adults who have the former taste.

looking at the festi info, couple things not to like:
2am ending (very early for camp festis imo)
being spied on by grounds cameras
no car-camping, which means hauling pita, 2x
unclear grounds reacess info.
we'll see

Last edited by CarS on Dec-07-2013 at 03:33

Old Post Dec-07-2013 03:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

2am is a great closing time. the other festivals around here only go to 11.

Is EDC even happening this year? I don't think they even have a venue.

Old Post Dec-07-2013 05:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by CarS
brostep, like.

or put another way kiddie edm vs adult, or better juvenile vs mature. plenty adults who have the former taste.

looking at the festi info, couple things not to like:
2am ending (very early for camp festis imo)
being spied on by grounds cameras
no car-camping, which means hauling pita, 2x
unclear grounds reacess info.
we'll see

theres grounds cameras? didnt see that posted. i guess thats what inside the tents are for lol

i also agree that a 2am ending time is pretty solid. most festivals end at 11 or 12. the fact that there is no car-camping does suck. hauling all your shit is horrible.

just read on the site there is NO re-entry of the festival grounds.

Old Post Dec-07-2013 15:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
theres grounds cameras? didnt see that posted

see FAQ zero tolerance

quote:
i also agree that a 2am ending time is pretty solid. most festivals end at 11 or 12.

compared to the city festis, definitely mice, and appreciated.
but the camping festis I do usually have at least one late night stage / tent going to 3:30/4:30, so I was only disappointed from that vantage.
plus, personally, I consider 12 noom starts as useless, thats still recovery/chill time.
overall workable, and may be due to venue rules

quote:
the fact that there is no car-camping does suck. hauling all your shit is horrible.

esp. if the gear is wet, or it's raining...

quote:
just read on the site there is NO re-entry of the festival grounds.

saw that too, but not clear, cause what about those off-site campers, they have to leave the grounds.
also, I hope this doesnt mean you cant even go back to camp from the festi grounds.
cant see it, but if that were the case, I'd pass on this, that would be like EZoo, with bad accommodation.
anyway, what I meant by unclear....

Old Post Dec-07-2013 23:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

The use of cameras is actually smart, means less security roaming the grounds.

Old Post Dec-08-2013 00:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by CarS
see FAQ zero tolerance

compared to the city festis, definitely mice, and appreciated.
but the camping festis I do usually have at least one late night stage / tent going to 3:30/4:30, so I was only disappointed from that vantage.
plus, personally, I consider 12 noom starts as useless, thats still recovery/chill time.
overall workable, and may be due to venue rules

esp. if the gear is wet, or it's raining...

saw that too, but not clear, cause what about those off-site campers, they have to leave the grounds.
also, I hope this doesnt mean you cant even go back to camp from the festi grounds.
cant see it, but if that were the case, I'd pass on this, that would be like EZoo, with bad accommodation.
anyway, what I meant by unclear....

i would be shocked if there was no roaming from event to campsite. to be stuck in the festival for 14 hours is absurd. if that were the case i would be passing also. the point of a camping festival is to be able to roam as you please between both of those areas. party/chill/nap/cook/etc.

Old Post Dec-09-2013 14:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goonielove
tranceaddict

At TomorrroWorld you were able to access campsite/festival freely by just scanning your bracelet.

I am pretty sure they mean for those people not staying at the campsite, that re-entry would not be allowed into the festival.

Campers at TW were also allowed to leave the festival/camping grounds during festival hours to go to the store/car etc.

Old Post Dec-09-2013 17:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for goonielove Click here to Send goonielove a Private Message Add goonielove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by goonielove
At TomorrroWorld you were able to access campsite/festival freely by just scanning your bracelet.

I am pretty sure they mean for those people not staying at the campsite, that re-entry would not be allowed into the festival.

Campers at TW were also allowed to leave the festival/camping grounds during festival hours to go to the store/car etc.

did they allow campfires at TW at your campsite?

Old Post Dec-09-2013 17:49  United States
goonielove
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
did they allow campfires at TW at your campsite?

While I did not attempt one I did not see any campfires around the grounds

They were really chill and super relaxed at TW. Searches through all your stuff were tolerable. The cameras you speak of were hardly noticed and were more for security purposes as opposed to spying.

Just like at other camping fests they had the Mounted Patrol trotting around the grounds at night, but they did not hassle anyone really

Logistics-wise I thought they did a great job. I though entry to the grounds and the festival each day went rather smoothly. One thing I did see that everyone had and that I have decided to purchase is a solar panel. Lots of people had one and it seemed like a great and easy way to charge phones/speakers etc. at night.

All the festival goers were really nice too. Much more of a matured crowd.

Old Post Dec-09-2013 18:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for goonielove Click here to Send goonielove a Private Message Add goonielove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lounger540
Techno Supreme

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Yea I define EDM (the genre) as electro/trouse/brostep/etc

Need a different term for the YOLO electro vs Dave Clarke electro.

Some suggestoins

elect-no
electbro
electrohomo

Old Post Dec-09-2013 18:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lounger540 Click here to Send lounger540 a Private Message Visit lounger540's homepage! Add lounger540 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Just like at other camping fests they had the Mounted Patrol trotting around the grounds at night...

nice thing about Camp, the grounds, bikers dont let the cops in.

quote:
is a solar panel. Lots of people had one and it seemed like a great and easy way to charge phones/speakers etc. at night.

is that a new technology, lunarpanels?
jk!

but def. a good idea, when car isn't close by.
yeah, I do hope that leaving campground, and the car lot are permitted for town runs...

Old Post Dec-09-2013 19:16  United States
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
While I did not attempt one I did not see any campfires around the grounds

They were really chill and super relaxed at TW. Searches through all your stuff were tolerable. The cameras you speak of were hardly noticed and were more for security purposes as opposed to spying.

Just like at other camping fests they had the Mounted Patrol trotting around the grounds at night, but they did not hassle anyone really

Logistics-wise I thought they did a great job. I though entry to the grounds and the festival each day went rather smoothly. One thing I did see that everyone had and that I have decided to purchase is a solar panel. Lots of people had one and it seemed like a great and easy way to charge phones/speakers etc. at night.

All the festival goers were really nice too. Much more of a matured crowd.

did they search you individually each time when going from campsite back into the festival? or was it once youre car is in and parked youre done for the weekend with searches?

Old Post Dec-09-2013 19:41  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.05.23-2013.05.26 Mysteryland USA
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread