Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.05.17-2013.05.18 Electric Daisy Carnival New York at Citi Field
Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AY STAR
let the music use you up

i hate how alot of these festivals keep their mouths tight when it comes to line-ups

demf released their line-up months ago
digital dreams in toronto released part of their line-up a month ago and their festival isent till july
and veld in toronto released part of their line-up and it isent till aug

yet all these festivals around here stay quiet

Old Post Apr-03-2013 00:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR

just goes to show this NYC market will accept virtually anything.
if ticket sales were substantially hurt by this closed-mouth policy, they would talk quick.
Seems there must not be many fence-sitters out there, who decide to go or not upon the offering, vs. the "doing a festival no matter who's there" buyer.

Nothing wrong with either, there are some very good festivals that you can buy just because of what they are (Coachella, EForrest, Bonaroo, Bisco...)

Ditto the price comment as to EZoo:
they're trying it, and they seem to be getting it. Trajectory so far has been: more attendance, more bucks, why not try for even more, it's a business.

Personally, don't care about this, doing a real little festi instead, not the 2x-daytime-in-a-parking-lot stuff.

Finally, is there really that much competition betweenn EDC and EZoo?
They're a whole season apart, you can hardly go that much farther apart outside in this area, so I don't buy that too much.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 00:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
i hate how alot of these festivals keep their mouths tight when it comes to line-ups

demf released their line-up months ago
digital dreams in toronto released part of their line-up a month ago and their festival isent till july
and veld in toronto released part of their line-up and it isent till aug

I agree, its all about generating the $$$

Old Post Apr-03-2013 00:27  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

cars i agree and understand what you mean
seems like the music is coming second
hype,press,money and everything else comes first

Old Post Apr-03-2013 00:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Menaschetrois
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CarS
Finally, is there really that much competition betweenn EDC and EZoo?
They're a whole season apart, you can hardly go that much farther apart outside in this area, so I don't buy that too much.

I would there is more competition between Tomorrowland and EZoo this year. Considering they're less than 3 weeks apart. I know one is in NY and one is near Atlanta but... it's $120 for a ticket to Atlanta right now. Price point will end up being not THAT much more.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 00:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Menaschetrois Click here to Send Menaschetrois a Private Message Add Menaschetrois to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:
Originally posted by Menaschetrois
I would there is more competition between Tomorrowland and EZoo this year. Considering they're less than 3 weeks apart. I know one is in NY and one is near Atlanta but... it's $120 for a ticket to Atlanta right now. Price point will end up being not THAT much more.

Fuck competition, fuck money, fuck EDC, fuck Ezoo, Fuck everybody thats all in this for the money

Quality/Music/Skill > quantity.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 00:40  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Menaschetrois
I would there is more competition between Tomorrowland and EZoo this year.

Hey, lets call it Tomorrowworld, just to keep the confusion away.
In any case, prob. true about those two festivals.

However, not having really paid much attention into the details so far, just did.

Since Tomorrowworld is being put on by MCP, and just about at the same time and place as Counterpoint (MCP did that one of course) last year, this looks like Counterpoint 2, but rebranded to draw in people who want more of the Belgian original...

Last years CP line-up looked like Camp, with the Biscuits replaced by some Swedes, and such.

No idea how well CP did last year, but just $120 for a flight (plus tix) doesn't do it, you don't take camping gear by plane, so = hotel or drive.
But this is right in the beginning of fall term, school kids def. out, and college kids maybe pressed for time too, so to attract all those north easterners down there, must be something of a hard sell...

That's prob. where that licensing deal comes in.

anyway, just thinking, let me know if all wrong...

Old Post Apr-03-2013 05:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Other than the venue, I don't think Tomorrowworld will be anything like Counterpoint.

MCP has little involvement other than the preparty

Last edited by Neonbeats on Apr-03-2013 at 16:16

Old Post Apr-03-2013 14:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnoonstar
Supreme tranceaddict

edc chicago got announced as overnight 5pm-4am

possibility for nyc too?

Old Post Apr-03-2013 15:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnoonstar Click here to Send djnoonstar a Private Message Add djnoonstar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by djnoonstar
edc chicago got announced as overnight 5pm-4am

possibility for nyc too?

doubt it. nyc laws for outdoor concerts is like 11 or 12 thats it

Old Post Apr-03-2013 15:30  United States
Excess
Somewhere, Out There

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
Fuck competition, fuck money, fuck EDC, fuck Ezoo, Fuck everybody thats all in this for the money

Quality/Music/Skill > quantity.

in.gif, repped etc. gjdm

Old Post Apr-03-2013 16:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Excess Click here to Send Excess a Private Message Visit Excess's homepage! Add Excess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

I heard it was 4 pm to 4 am here.

Also, it's Insomniac in particular that doesn't announce until 3-4 weeks before.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 21:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2013.05.17-2013.05.18 Electric Daisy Carnival New York at Citi Field
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread