Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.04.21 [SFL] Paul Oakenfold @ AMNESIA
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

2012.04.21 [SFL] Paul Oakenfold @ AMNESIA

TICKETS

Bummed out when his show during WMC was moved to Arkadia. Will definitely be hitting this up, as this will be my first time to Amnesia as well I'm excited!

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post Apr-05-2012 00:37  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

I always wondered what headphones does he use? I've never seen that brand before.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Apr-05-2012 06:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magicalmaestro
Junior tranceaddict

Going to be the first time I will see Paul Oakenfold. Anyone see him play in Miami before? If yes, what was his set like? I wonder if he will stick to his true trance roots, or if he will cater to the south beach crowd.

Old Post Apr-10-2012 06:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for magicalmaestro Click here to Send magicalmaestro a Private Message Add magicalmaestro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by magicalmaestro
Going to be the first time I will see Paul Oakenfold. Anyone see him play in Miami before? If yes, what was his set like? I wonder if he will stick to his true trance roots, or if he will cater to the south beach crowd.

We recently had him at Gryphon. I personally didn't enjoy. He played a lot of mash ups, trance, progressive and a bunch of psy-trance also. Mixing wasn't the greatest either but it was a great party.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 19:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jsweeney51
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon Mixing wasn't the greatest either but it was a great party.

Yeah, Oakey never has been well known for his mixing skills hehe.

Old Post Apr-18-2012 04:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jsweeney51 Click here to Send jsweeney51 a Private Message Visit jsweeney51's homepage! Add jsweeney51 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magicalmaestro
Junior tranceaddict

I listened to his set at the Ministry of Sound in London for the ASOT 550 show. I did notice a few mixing errors here and there. I'm going for the music, so if he truly plays trance and psy-trance I'll be a happy camper.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 03:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for magicalmaestro Click here to Send magicalmaestro a Private Message Add magicalmaestro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
maxdady25
Supreme tranceaddict

Amnesia is a fairly new club. Has anyone been there? How's the sound, lasers, air blast, dance floor, etc?

Favorite tunes of the moment:

Etasonic - Restless (Michael Flint remix)
Hendrik Jelsma & Immersiv - Seems To Be (Peet B remix)
Andy Elliass - Lena (Matt Bukovski remix)
Pete Silver - Beyond The Blue Sky (The Noble Six remix)
Ronny K. vs Ziki - Memories (New World remix)
Odonbat - Ethereal (The Noble Six remix)
Rene Ablaze & Global Influence - Sunshine Girl

Upcoming shows:
JOC @ Temple 11/1/14 (San Francisco)

Old Post Apr-19-2012 08:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for maxdady25 Click here to Send maxdady25 a Private Message Visit maxdady25's homepage! Add maxdady25 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

I heard people only go there just for the air blast, i could be wrong.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Apr-19-2012 20:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lost in forests
Senior tranceaddict

Can someone enlighten me bout how much a heineken is at Amnesia? Redbull Vodka? Prices are getting out of control at some places...

Old Post Apr-19-2012 23:39  Nicaragua
Click Here to See the Profile for lost in forests Click here to Send lost in forests a Private Message Add lost in forests to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

First time going to Amnesia. HOOOOOOLY SHIT! What a place, the atmosphere and visuals are insane. Between the LED Walls (which moved around), lighting system, fog machines, snow machines, and confetti blaster I don't know what I liked most out of all of them. To me this place puts Mansion to shame in the visuals department. By far my favorite aspect was the ginormous dancefloor. I pretty much had tons of elbow room to move around and dance.

Paul ripped it up. He started with some mashups and some commercial stuff. I didn't really mind since it was edits or different mixes of tired and played out songs. As the night went on (or Paul got progressively tipsy) he started pulling out prog, trance, and psytrance. I will be seeing him anytime he hits up the Miami area. He played from about 1:30am-4am. Can't wait to see Above&Beyond there, the visuals and their music is going to be amazing.

Vids coming soon...

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post Apr-23-2012 21:58  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

quote:
Originally posted by lost in forests
Can someone enlighten me bout how much a heineken is at Amnesia? Redbull Vodka? Prices are getting out of control at some places...

Corona was $10 and I'm assuming all beers were that price. They had Amstel, Corona, Bud Light and a few others. Didn't drink anything other than beer and water so can't help you with those prices. Water was $8 for VOSO water.

Old Post Apr-23-2012 21:59  Puerto Rico
xxjavi88xx
Senior tranceaddict

Damn it...it hurts even more missing above & beyond cause I'm sure the setup and lighting will be lovely...damn it mansion use the money from the $14 beers to upgrade the lights and add some lasers...oh well glad you enjoyed the night Tomas and I'll see u in a little over a month

Old Post Apr-23-2012 22:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xxjavi88xx Click here to Send xxjavi88xx a Private Message Add xxjavi88xx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.04.21 [SFL] Paul Oakenfold @ AMNESIA
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread