Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Romy Boiler Room
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

Is no-one going to mention this seriously vibing Romy Boiler Room set peppered with classic trance? Pretty masterful imo.

Old Post Apr-06-2024 20:05  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
A.B
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
Is no-one going to mention this seriously vibing Romy Boiler Room set peppered with classic trance? Pretty masterful imo.

Yeah, I caught this a while back and was pleasantly surprised.

A few obvious numbers in there but she really did put a graft in and it shows by her just having a bit of fun.

Old Post Apr-09-2024 00:47  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for A.B Click here to Send A.B a Private Message Add A.B to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

This is one of the best sets ever posted on TA.

Old Post Apr-09-2024 01:30  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we've had good trance music back for five minutes and some people just can't resist going straight to the Kevin & Perry Go Large stage.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-09-2024 06:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Meh. I see in my youtube algorithm the guy from Thrillseekers doing these types of sets all the time and it's just a big reminder that the whole nostalgia trance thing has more than run its course.

Old Post Apr-09-2024 15:24  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've said it before and I'll say it again: we've had good trance music back for five minutes and some people just can't resist going straight to the Kevin & Perry Go Large stage.

Tru tru. I gotta realize that Trance didn't begin in 1998 and end in 2004.

Old Post Apr-10-2024 19:27  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I mean, by all means throw a classic in. Even throw in a cheesy classic at the right moment when you've earned it - Aiden Francis or Job Jobse do it and I'm cool with it. But a Boiler Room set that's just The Ministry Of Sound Annual '99 with a couple of acapellas over the top? I'll pass.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-10-2024 20:08  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

Entirely missing the point.

She using the trance as backing tracks for her own acapella mash ups and live sampling. I just posted it here because it is cool to see. She is not really a dj yet has done a more than admirable job, being many times more adventurous than most or all seasoned trance djs - as a rookie. She doesn't need to "earn" anything, she is singer and artist having fun. This is a playful and joyful set, undoubtedly one of the best captured by Boiler Room.

She totally killed it here.

The flow of the set is nigh on immaculate and the transitions are remarkable. Notably with the use of a newer 2022 track 'Modeā - Shine' from Alan Fitpartick's label, coming from from Sonique - It Feels So Good (The Conductor & The Cowboy Amnesia Mix). That is epic.

This is NOT a trance set, despite what it looks like on paper, and that is part of its genius.

Last edited by rubez on Apr-10-2024 at 22:25

Old Post Apr-10-2024 21:52  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
'Modeā - Shine'

This is such a fcking good track!

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Apr-12-2024 11:28  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

Yes! The artist even pops up under the comments to express gratitude for playing his track. It is a bit 'bare bones' so it has been used to perfection here.

Also love this track, HUGO - Love Tape.

That phaser in the intro - gorgeous!

Last edited by rubez on Apr-14-2024 at 19:02

Old Post Apr-14-2024 18:28  Scotland

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Romy Boiler Room
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed this amazing breaks track IDd [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSueno Latino - "Sueno Latino" (Salt Tank Amnesian Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread