Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 190: Is anyone aside from the same 3 people ever gonna start a Friday thread??
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

well i wanted to shake up my life, so i quit my job spent all my money and went back to school LOL. now i have two jobs and class and i just have no time or disposable income. i am now in a position where this choice is leading to a useless degree and Im probably going to go back to school for the third time after this graduation or move to nunavut and colonize the natives

edit: i think I'm going to have to go regardless to bone

Last edited by planetaryplayer on Dec-14-2018 at 22:18

Old Post Dec-14-2018 21:55  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

We had Christmas lunch at work today, well not at work but in the bar of the nearby indoor Snowworld ski paradise here, which has more space as with the factory people we're now at 160.
Had some drinks afterwards and some, especially some who work at the factory, had some too many, but that's nothing compared to UK habits.

Tomorrow the kids have lunch at the football club and will play a little afterwards.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Dec-14-2018 22:38  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Getting enormously drunk and publicly debasing oneself? Yeah, that's a UK thing.

Can confirm.

Every company party I've been at in the USA is incredibly tame and managers/senior staff in many instances aren't allowed to drink/fraternize with underlings for fear of a drunken fling resulting in #metoo. One of my mates works for a massive high end furniture supplier and if someone he manages even happens to walk in to the same bar as he's in, he's not allowed to chat or drink with them and HR's advice is actually to leave the premises.

I remember my last job in the UK, one friday when the boss went at about 3pm, "fuck it, everyone to the pub on the corner right now" - 12 of got so steaming we us had to leave our cars overnight at work, our SO's called and be poured in to cabs home.

Old Post Dec-15-2018 01:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Can't say I've had the most exciting of Fridays.

I downloaded a bunch of music production tutorials so I could watch them at Kaoru's farm. And, here I am, watching the Denver Nuggets play because they remind me of McDonald's. I'm a simple man.
quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Lol, what? Is this a UK thing?

Maybe I just work at tame companies.

I'm convinced tame companies are a Midwest thing. Both in the US and here in Brazil. We're in the middle of nowhere, living in the frontiers of civilisation, so we have to stay vigilant and watchful and polite at all times. We can't be intoxicated in case a puma shows up. We have to be ready to offer them tea. Or something.

I, for one, don't think I've ever seen a tipsy colleague, let alone an impaired drunkard with enough alcohol to have inflammable veins who I'd have to face again at work the following week. I have a feeling it would be frowned upon in most workplaces around here. Or maybe it's just academia
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
We had Christmas lunch at work today, well not at work but in the bar of the nearby indoor Snowworld ski paradise here, which has more space as with the factory people we're now at 160.

I wish we had one around here

Old Post Dec-15-2018 05:30  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

i never go to work christmas functions. i hate small talk with people i don't care for but mostly it's because these functions are a disaster waiting to happen. i have a reputation for being the most poorly-behaved person in my various groups of friends and workplaces can be so uptight these days. i would almost certainly offend someone and i don't want to deal with the fallout at work.

my best mate is quite senior in his workplace and he's had to stop going to any work events where they serve alcohol. he too knows someone will get offended and it could cost him his job. we don't mean any harm we just have a different scale re what's offensive; a few years ago at his wife's work christmas function she had to stop him from undoing his fly so he could do the helicopter on the dancefloor.

Old Post Dec-15-2018 06:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Every company party I've been at in the USA is incredibly tame and managers/senior staff in many instances aren't allowed to drink/fraternize with underlings for fear of a drunken fling resulting in #metoo. One of my mates works for a massive high end furniture supplier and if someone he manages even happens to walk in to the same bar as he's in, he's not allowed to chat or drink with them and HR's advice is actually to leave the premises.

It's interesting how these well-intentioned policies end up back-firing. My partner's boss is afraid to have drinks with her, or other women, one-on-one after work for fear of HR problems, but really that just puts them at a disadvantage compared to the men with whom he will readily drink and discuss career/etc in a more relaxed environment. It probably is more fair to simply have a policy where one can't fraternise with any employees in a situation like that, but then no one gets those incredibly helpful discussions - let alone the chance to teambuild, etc.

Old Post Dec-15-2018 09:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
well i wanted to shake up my life, so i quit my job spent all my money and went back to school LOL. now i have two jobs and class and i just have no time or disposable income. i am now in a position where this choice is leading to a useless degree and Im probably going to go back to school for the third time after this graduation or move to nunavut and colonize the natives

Without wanting to shit on your life decisions too much, I've always thought that "going back to school" is a bit of a fairytale. People seem to think it will solve all their work/life dissatisfaction but all it does for most people is put them right back at the bottom of the career ladder in a different field after having accrued debt and wasted a lot of free time.

I'm not saying you should never study further qualifications, especially if you're very clear on your goals, but I know a few people who've treated further study as a panacea to their unhappiness, and it never seems to work out.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-15-2018 09:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
i never go to work christmas functions. i hate small talk with people i don't care for but mostly it's because these functions are a disaster waiting to happen. i have a reputation for being the most poorly-behaved person in my various groups of friends and workplaces can be so uptight these days. i would almost certainly offend someone and i don't want to deal with the fallout at work.

my best mate is quite senior in his workplace and he's had to stop going to any work events where they serve alcohol. he too knows someone will get offended and it could cost him his job. we don't mean any harm we just have a different scale re what's offensive; a few years ago at his wife's work christmas function she had to stop him from undoing his fly so he could do the helicopter on the dancefloor.

So, not just a UK thing

Old Post Dec-15-2018 09:49  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Without wanting to shit on your life decisions too much, I've always thought that "going back to school" is a bit of a fairytale. People seem to think it will solve all their work/life dissatisfaction but all it does for most people is put them right back at the bottom of the career ladder in a different field after having accrued debt and wasted a lot of free time.

I'm not saying you should never study further qualifications, especially if you're very clear on your goals, but I know a few people who've treated further study as a panacea to their unhappiness, and it never seems to work out.

agree generally, especially with the bolded. if you're lucky though you can get your employer to pony up for it. though the private sector is definitely more jewish in that regard.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
So, not just a UK thing

haha, you knew this already though!

same guy was at a wedding several years ago and got picked up on a video microphone saying "oh, and here comes one-breasted grandma" about his nan who had had a mastectomy. it was a family video that was distributed far and wide in a very religious community. and i found out this week on holiday that his family blames me for his general poor behaviour over the last 2 decades

Old Post Dec-15-2018 10:15  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Brits and Aussies are basically the same though, except you have a slightly more happy-go-lucky bent that comes from not being rained on for two thirds of the year.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-15-2018 10:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

starting my new job in about 2 hours,

its less then what i was making before, but atleast i wont have to wear a stupid security uniform anymore, and i can wear my piercings again...
i texted the fella early last morning, met up for an interview later that day, and now im starting today.. full time schedule 630am- to 3 ish depending on traffic ( i get picked up and dropped off )

i will be paid cash daily, and i had my doubts about that but it should work for me considering im in need of moolah asap ..plus its a non profit org and hes a church fella , so what can possibly go wrong

collecting and delivering empty bottles and cans ...its whatever but fine until i learn coding ....i will not fail this time world

Last edited by LoveHate on Dec-15-2018 at 12:23

Old Post Dec-15-2018 11:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

People at my work go out for beers pretty regularly (helps that there is a brewery within walking distance), and there is sometimes alcohol at official company events. I've heard of people getting a bit loud or goofy but never anywhere near the level of "puke and forget most of the night."

Old Post Dec-15-2018 13:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 190: Is anyone aside from the same 3 people ever gonna start a Friday thread??
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha zen after party 1996...sample 1 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLittle Wonder - "Eclipse" (Fictivision & C-Quence Mix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread