Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Evanescence - Hello (Bren-F's Bugged Out Vocal Mix)
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Bren-F
LostLegend

Evanescence - Hello (Bren-F's Bugged Out Vocal Mix)

Evanescence - Hello (Bren-F's Bugged Out Vocal Mix)
***Right Click & 'Save Target As...' To Download

7.44 Mins
140BPM
196kbps
10.8MB

This is a remix I have done on behalf of a DJ friend of mine. He's a massive fan of the G & D remix of this tune (which is also far superior to my mix but, hey... ) But he wanted A mix of this tune that he could play in his sets as the G & D mix doesn't work well in his Club Trance style Mix's.

So heres the result
I'm not 100% convinced in the bass tho, a bit to heavy maybe ? or does it sound ok to every one ?

Let me know,

All comments welcome =-)

Old Post Nov-08-2003 22:25  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Bren-F Click here to Send Bren-F a Private Message Add Bren-F to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

hey Bren...

as usual this sounds great. the sounds are really clear and i personally like that beat that you were wondering about...

Old Post Nov-08-2003 22:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Awesome - bass sounds great.. love the piano.. can't say much is wrong with this track.

Am I going to add this to my playlist? Why or why not?

Definitly.. love the piano again.. very clear highs.. very pro sounding. Great job on yet another track!

Old Post Nov-09-2003 00:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hey cheggy
like a tiger

I think the bassline could use a little work. that's being picky I know, but the bass synth just doesn't sound quite right to me.

But what you've done with the melody is just sweet. Good job mate.

Old Post Nov-09-2003 03:19  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for hey cheggy Click here to Send hey cheggy a Private Message Add hey cheggy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
christofa
sound designer

everything sounds great. This is up there with the g&d remix for me. Amazing remix.

Old Post Nov-09-2003 08:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for christofa Click here to Send christofa a Private Message Add christofa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
m0sh
Ibiza 05'

Bass doesn't fit with the piano...
The melody that you have done is nice but not much more ...hmm the synth isn't storng enough , Idon't like his sound.
at 5:08 when the melody leavs and the vocals comes back in -bad ransition
Overall this is nice... but needs much more work...g and d is much better tho

Keep the good work,

PS: I was wondering if you could send me the midi and do you got the accapella ?

James Holden is my only GOD!

Old Post Nov-09-2003 11:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh Click here to Send m0sh a Private Message Add m0sh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Icone
In Dreams...

Gotta say you did a nice job once more Bren! I do like the bassline, I personally don't see anything wrong with it to go with the piano. Vocals are nicely implemented as well and sound clear enough.

I don't know about the lead though... It's nice of you to add it to a track like this, but it sounds a tad muffled once more. There's no real power or feeling in it I think.

other than that, I definately like it more than the G&D remix, which I strangely enough (to some) didn't really like at all. Keep 'em coming! ;-)

Cheers,
Wim

Icone Home
Icone Store -> New Percussion SAMPLE CD here!
Icone MySpace

Old Post Nov-09-2003 15:44  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Icone Click here to Send Icone a Private Message Visit Icone's homepage! Add Icone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dbl
Whitesun

listening..

sounds great sofar... piano is nice, but could need some more work i think... maybe more reeverb or something.. maybe have a lighter piano go in the background with it.

vocals sounds nice

i listened to it when i went to sleep.. this morning it get's since i didn't went to sleep untill like 6 or something.
and then i didn't like the bass... but i do now

melodie sounds nice..... god i love that piano.

but do something more with the piano and render out a 10min version with just strings and piano for me.. haha

Old Post Nov-09-2003 16:06  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for dbl Click here to Send dbl a Private Message Visit dbl's homepage! Add dbl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
auujay
The Supreme tranceaddict

Whoa, this is hot. I dig it, although I prefer the G&D mix because I think it fits the song better (slower and whatnot) but this is a different style and I think you did a great job.

My first impression was that the kick was too loud or piano too soft, but after a while I got used to it. Same with the bass, when it first came in it did not strike me as perfect (but maybe I was listening for it because of your comment). I must say by the time the track got going I did not notice it. I think once you have all the elements going the bassline is fine, but in the intro and outro were it is more promenent it is a quite noticable.

Really great job, I must say I think for the style you have done it is really superb.

Major Johnson - February Progressive Mix

Download Other Mixes

Old Post Nov-09-2003 17:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for auujay Click here to Send auujay a Private Message Visit auujay's homepage! Add auujay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sean Walsh
JAGERMAESTRO

I like the bassline a lot, and the track overall.

I find the piano to be off somehow though, I think it's with the timing at around the 2-3minute mark; hard for me to pinpoint what it is exactly. It also sounds like it could definitely be louder in the high-mids, a bit muffled right now.

The climax at 4:10 or so is awesome IMO, and the transition back to vocals is also quite good I find.

Overall you did a great job, and I really like it. Only thing I'd recommend is making the piano a little more pronounced by maybe filtering the lows off a bit and boosting the high-mids.

Old Post Nov-09-2003 19:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Walsh Click here to Send Sean Walsh a Private Message Add Sean Walsh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bren-F
LostLegend

Thanks for all the positive comments guys

quote:
PS: I was wondering if you could send me the midi and do you got the accapella ?

U can get the midi Here

However I dont have an acapella, I just used the original song as G & D have done. The original track is only Solo Vocal And piano - no other instruments

the midi for 'My Immortal' I son there aswell, that would be well worthy of a remix, its a gorgeus song, great piano and sweet vox

Last edited by Bren-F on Nov-09-2003 at 20:42

Old Post Nov-09-2003 20:35  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Bren-F Click here to Send Bren-F a Private Message Add Bren-F to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
teo
T.A.gr

i could say its equal with g&d's...each rmx for its style

Old Post Nov-09-2003 20:45  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for teo Click here to Send teo a Private Message Add teo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Evanescence - Hello (Bren-F's Bugged Out Vocal Mix)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Oakenfold 26-09-1999 / Rojam [2003] [26]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMega 'Lo Mania - Close Your Eyes (Hardstyle Mix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread