TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Deadmau5 breaks down the take-home pay for a celebrity DJ
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »

Posted by Digit ILL on May-14-2011 20:24:

Whats With The Spelling? And Capitalization Of Every Word?

Posted by gmorrison on May-14-2011 21:01:

thesauce thanks man! really appreciate it and chemenhanced yeah it was really insane! cant wait to get back to toronto though and hang out for a few days ive been away for awhile now. hope you guys all have a great weekend

Posted by Stilez on May-14-2011 21:03:

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
...if this works it may make the city of Toronto think about allowing music festivals again.

GOD I wish this would happen. Why don't we organize some sort of movement, a small rally just to remove the Mel Lastman Rave act/bylaw so that we can have outdoor EDM events/festivals again? I'm willing to put my support behind something of that nature. 100%

The time has come to remove that law, because it was successful to end the Rave movement that we were world renowned for, and drove the scene into the clubs. I think we deserve a world class EDM festival here in the city.

Posted by gmorrison on May-14-2011 21:29:

yeah i totally agree stilez. all the major NA markets have at least one per year that is great. the only issue is venue location here without having to go north of finch. cherry beach is gross & too small plus i can't think of an area that is downtown open air for capacity with 15 K +?

Posted by Jayx1 on May-14-2011 22:01:

quote:
Originally posted by gmorrison
yeah i totally agree stilez. all the major NA markets have at least one per year that is great. the only issue is venue location here without having to go north of finch. cherry beach is gross & too small plus i can't think of an area that is downtown open air for capacity with 15 K +?

High Park

Posted by ChemEnhanced on May-14-2011 22:04:

quote:

rogers centre with the roof open

Posted by VDub on May-14-2011 22:04:

quote:
Originally posted by Jayx1
High Park

Fort York...

Posted by VDub on May-14-2011 22:05:

quote:
rogers centre with the roof open

Are you joking??

That place is more expensive than Downsview...

Posted by ChemEnhanced on May-14-2011 22:08:

quote:
Originally posted by VDub
Are you joking??

That place is more expensive than Downsview...

who said it had to be cheap....see what deadmau5 tickets go for and that should give you a good starting mark.

edit
Ticket Information*
VIP Golden Circle General Admission Floor: $125.00 (must be 19+ to purchase and can only purchase via phone or Internet)
General Admission Floor: $50.00 (must be 16+ to purchase)

Additional Event Information
All guests who purchase a VIP Golden Circle ticket are required to show proof of age on entrance.
The VIP Golden Circle ticket is a commemorative ticket and will be mailed out 30 days prior to the event.

Posted by gmorrison on May-14-2011 22:24:

that is truly amazing joel is doing the rogers centre, cant believe an EDM artist is going to put a show on in that venue. so proud of him.

Posted by VDub on May-14-2011 22:26:

quote:
who said it had to be cheap....see what deadmau5 tickets go for and that should give you a good starting mark.

edit
Ticket Information*
VIP Golden Circle General Admission Floor: $125.00 (must be 19+ to purchase and can only purchase via phone or Internet)
General Admission Floor: $50.00 (must be 16+ to purchase)

Additional Event Information
All guests who purchase a VIP Golden Circle ticket are required to show proof of age on entrance.
The VIP Golden Circle ticket is a commemorative ticket and will be mailed out 30 days prior to the event.

It must suck so much being the headliner of this huge event and knowing it's not gonna make you rich...

Posted by *~LiSa-LoO~* on May-14-2011 22:37:

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Poor guy... Where can I make a donation?? Does he take Paypal??? Or will they take 85% of it too?

Seriously eh? It sounds like a really shitty job to be a DJ travelling the world for pennies.

Posted by Stilez on May-14-2011 23:09:

quote:

It's sad that while all other major cities in North America (Canada included) are gaining/getting festivals, we here in Toronto are losing ours eg. Virgin festival.

I've said it before & will say it again, we could/would easily sell out a massive outdoor EDM festival if it was held, say on Centre Island. How epic would that be to have tons of people jamming out on the island to some sick dj's?

Posted by magikb on May-14-2011 23:46:

Douchebag! Go get a real job deadmau5, where you aren't travelling the world, being a DJ and you make next to nothing. It will give you something real to complain about when you only have $1.50 in your name until your next pay day.

Posted by Shaya007 on May-15-2011 00:29:

quote:
Originally posted by magikb
Douchebag! Go get a real job deadmau5, where you aren't travelling the world, being a DJ and you make next to nothing. It will give you something real to complain about when you only have $1.50 in your name until your next pay day.

Posted by magikb on May-15-2011 00:34:

quote:
Originally posted by Shaya007

Posted by d-form on May-15-2011 03:06:

I read about the 360 deal he signed in 2008 or 09. IF there's no money in making music anymore why would a dj who can easily demand a 50-100K booking fee sign a deal with a record label that gives them half??? Why not just keep playing out at every chance and pocketing a bigger pay cheque? Is he perhaps regretting the deal he signed with EMI? Is it really that important to have his CD in HMV if nobodys buying it?

Posted by Bryce Santiago on May-15-2011 06:35:

quote:
that is truly amazing joel is doing the rogers centre, cant believe an EDM artist is going to put a show on in that venue. so proud of him.

>so proud of him.

Proud of him? An event was being planned there for over a year...but not him. There's often a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes in this mega City that the public isn't aware of. Often Canadian get shafted by our own people or outside interests.

Posted by gmorrison on May-15-2011 06:43:

bryce what are you on about? you make no sense

Posted by Adam420 on May-15-2011 07:12:

So when is he gonna come and give his 2cents on this whole thing?

Posted by VDub on May-15-2011 11:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
So when is he gonna come and give his 2cents on this whole thing?

I'm sure he's been advised not to post here anymore...

But he most likely reads it all though...

Posted by PivotTechno on May-15-2011 13:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
It's sad that while all other major cities in North America (Canada included) are gaining/getting festivals, we here in Toronto are losing ours eg. Virgin festival.

I've said it before & will say it again, we could/would easily sell out a massive outdoor EDM festival if it was held, say on Centre Island. How epic would that be to have tons of people jamming out on the island to some sick dj's?

Let's not forget the cancellation of the "is that thing still on?" Beats, Breaks and Crap Festival at Harbourfront.

If a free, weekend-long electronic music event is cancelled due to lack of vision and general underattendance, how can you believe a large EDM fest on Centre Island would be any more successful?

With the loss of related infrastructure and industry surrounding it, people don't flock to Toronto for electronic music events like they used to. TOTA threads telling Toronto people to check out Montreal's after-hours scene for the real deal should be indication enough as to where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

Posted by Nicolas Oliver on May-15-2011 15:13:

quote:

Yep, this is a massive accomplishment! Congrats to him

But I find it hard to believe that Joel isn't swimming in money at this point...

Posted by LKD on May-15-2011 15:45:

quote:
Originally posted by PivotTechno
Let's not forget the cancellation of the "is that thing still on?" Beats, Breaks and Crap Festival at Harbourfront.

If a free, weekend-long electronic music event is cancelled due to lack of vision and general underattendance, how can you believe a large EDM fest on Centre Island would be any more successful?

With the loss of related infrastructure and industry surrounding it, people don't flock to Toronto for electronic music events like they used to. TOTA threads telling Toronto people to check out Montreal's after-hours scene for the real deal should be indication enough as to where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

woah woah woah... when did it get cancelled? so looking forward to it again this year.

Posted by Stilez on May-15-2011 16:18:

quote:
Originally posted by PivotTechno

I'll answer this properly when I'm at my computer. Suffice to say that it's no surprise, and if you're familiar with the Toronto 'scene' you shouldn't be shocked at the result.

Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »