return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2007

[Review] Paul Oakenfold @ I Love Night Tennis (Private event)
View this Thread in Original format
vovka
all i have to say is, when he dropped touch me in the morning, the place went WILD! also, the david guetta track was insane as well. hopefully some more people on here attended it, i cannot remember many tracks due to the free open bar :o
LiquidX
People were getting drunk out of their ass. Surprised by the massive open bar, Awesome tracks throughout, Oakenfold doesnt even mix anymore though, Sad. Cool free event.
Miamilawdj2004
Yea we made it out....walked the way over even without body armor and an uzzi. I was impressed. The venue is pretty damn sweet. Converted church with a jesus greeting you on the way in? We were all sinners that night! Open bar was great---not too hard to get drinks even though only one bar. Bathroom situations were prety terrible...overflowing and nasty by the end of the night. Should of employed some help to clean up garbage/bottles from around the party and inside as the night went on (kind of like space). It felt kind of like a rave party---lots of fun. Tennis was kind of lame i think....music terrible...but when Oakey took to the decks---the great songs continued. I remember a BUNCH of songs from his 2 years Residency at Cream album...seven cities was played, greece 2000, tons of hits. But my god he looked bored and scared at times or something. He'd put on a new track...then go hide next to the speakers and just stand there all wierd-like...like cowering behind it. Mixing was pretty damn TERRIBLE! It's sad---i know he was always about track selection, but i have some old live mixes from 97-99 of his and they were some of the best trance mixes i have! i think he's bored with it---just doing these big events and making money....great nite though overall....spent 5 bucks! hahha where can you say that in Miami??? Also got a bunch of cool videos!! will eventually load them onto YouTube
Miamilawdj2004
I posted six short clips on YOUTUBE...here is one link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf-JZLnsMyk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE6vTnU28KY

They are under PAUL OAKENFOLD SPINNING "THE CLASSICS" IN MIAMI
If you search, you could view them. Fun Times....lookin' forward to KARU tonight. Hope the wind dies down and weather cooperates!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement