return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Tracks that slow the dance floor down
View this Thread in Original format
xstalkrx
I love playing trance but seem to have a short library of tracks that are good for slowing the floor down a little bit after dropping two or three bombs in a row. I understand that it gets repetitive and boring if I just keep playing high energy all night.

What are some of your favorite tracks that do a good job of slowing the floor down but still maintain relatively the same BPM?
basd
I can't say anything about specific tracks as I don't listen to nor play trance, but my guess would be to take tracks without overly huge breakdowns. Just tracks that maintain a constant level without any peaks or breakdowns.

At the risk of looking like a retard with my limited knowledge of trance, I'd say tracks like:

X-Cabs - Reeva (Chris Cowie remix)
POB - Boiler (Humate remix)
Alex
You - Pitch Slider (CDJ Remix)
chris harrington
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Best Track Ever!!!
ASFSE
quote:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
J:\Digital
quote:

:stongue: .. Very Subtle!
theognis1002
DJ Shah- White Sand
theognis1002
i dont relaly think u need to throw in a slow song while ur getting the energy going... it totally breaks the flow

songs alreayd have breakdowns in them and u can choose songs that have long breakdowns/buildups like Born Slippy for example

just a variety of songs... not really songs with low energy
s3nate
quote:

WIN.
eckmek
quote:

I actually started searching for this before i realized what it meant...haha :p

Vero
i play more house now, but i used to love to build up some serious pounding , drop a bomb, and flow it straight into something very melodic and soothing and then start over again.
miamitranceman
quote:
Originally posted by eckmek
I actually started searching for this before i realized what it meant...haha :p

:stongue: ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement