return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Anybody using or ever used Mixvibes for mixing purposes
View this Thread in Original format
mayank247
I was wondering if anyone has used the mixvibes program for mixing songs ..i am currently using the mixvibes V5 version, and its not the perfect thing but i've been using it for so long now that i'm used to it and i kinda figured out some loopholes and all that to enhance the transition from one song to the next...anyways i was wondering if anyone can tell me why on that program, the tempo slider doesn't work..by doesn't work i mean that as soon as i use it to beatmatch and all, it just doesn't work...for example if a song is at 130BPM, the other is at 127 BPM, now i move the slider so that song number two is at 130BPM, cue point set and the track is ready to be brought in...BUT that track stays aligned for less than 5 seconds..after that 5 seconds you can see that what you set at 130 is now..say at 134 to 135..YET the tempo slider is exactly where it was when moved it to beatmatch...its very weird..i always use to the speed slider and that works perfect...i'm just curious as to whats actually happening to the song when you increase or decrease its speed using that Master Tempo slider..a similar thing happens with the Pitch slider..I don't even think this slider has any purpose..coz all it does to the song is jumble it up for the lack of a better word...i mean you can have a clean mp3 file and if you reduce the PITCH slider, then its almost like you've killed the highs, reduced the gain and what not...anyone come across this?

I have Traktor as well but that just makes things easy..as in its not really djing if use that...the only thing is that the version I have is compatible with the Mixman DM2 controller...anyone know how i can configure this controller to Traktor..i know that it is compatible with it, just don't know how to configure it..

Any advice from anybody using any of these two softwares would be greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement