return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

good deal? bad deal?
View this Thread in Original format
Arconna
I'm pretty new to equipment and all that, new to DJing too, just curious if it might be worth the risk to get something off ebay. This is what it is: (2)Technics mk2, Pro Numark mixer 2002x,(2) stanton 500 needles with cart, A pair of Pro luxe px-924 digital monitor headphones and A Apex 350 neodymium microphone. It's at around 200 at the moment, probably going to be 400 or more or I don't know, I have no idea what it is worth, but was wondering if any of you think it might be a good deal? Or should I just go to an actual store or something :S
djsnazzy
sounds like a unreal deal man go for it
tylerc
if there are 2 technics involved it will go to a lot more than 400. i'd guess it will end up around 600 or more. pretty much to the point where you might as well just go out and buy em new from the store. but hell, if it stays that low then go for it. i got all my dj gear from ebay and it worked out. i wouldnt reccommend getting needles on ebay tho. definitely buy those new.
Orbital32
at the last 5 mins of the auction is where all the action happens. you'll see prices jump $100+ in that time frame.
Arconna
yeah, it jumped up pretty high, to 360, but I realized I didn't really have the money to spare at the moment, probably should have gone for it, but oh well. I've got some stuff coming up I need a lot of money for, such as FanimeCon :D, staying in an expensive hotel so yeah :D. But thanks all for the advice :)
Omega_Blue
fanimecon huh? you're not one of those japano-philes are you?? :D

360 is still a in bargain for two tech's and a mixer. i'd drop the convention and buy em up!
Arconna
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
fanimecon huh? you're not one of those japano-philes are you?? :D

360 is still a in bargain for two tech's and a mixer. i'd drop the convention and buy em up!

Can't drop the convention lol, I'm staff there for the gaming section, got an obligation to be there. Nope, I'm not a japano-phile lol. I just like anime and it's an opportunity to get a good taste of what's playing since I can't get Anime Network, plus I get a fancy hotel, get out of the house, it's sort of a mini vacation and I"ll be able to find some good deals on all sorts of stuff :). I probably should have bought the set, but I just can't afford it right now, maybe I'll find another good deal sooner or later :). If it happened once on Ebay it's a sure bet it will happen again at some point :)
jam.iii
where is that listing lol?! 360 for 2 technics is worth the auction itself. i used to use the DM2002x when i started also, its a good mixer and has plenty of features you would end up using, i especially liked the kill switches. only reason I sold my 2002x is to upgrade to their new one, the 3002x :D good mixer for the price, haven't had any fader / knob / sound problems with any of them yet

er... well i guess its too late now anyways, the auction must have ended
trancecadet
i recently just bought 2x 1210 mk2's with no slipmats or headshells for £420. got myself a half decent deal I think since they are £370 each new!
Arconna
Yeah, a little late on the auction, though all your suggestions and what not are really helping me decide on what I should get when I get some decks. I appreciate all the advice and stuff guys :).

Arconna
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
anime is teh suck! :wtf:

anime is the suck? What the heck does that mean?
Dervish
It's COR (chill out room) whore talk. :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement