return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

always left/right ear on the headphones??
View this Thread in Original format
CarlosM
Hey Guys... well, I have my setup at my home and I always use my right earcup on my right ear... and my left hearing the speakers, i was planing to get a gig soon.. but I dont know where will they have the Monitors... I have always been spining just with my right ear on the headphone... my left ear never touch the headphone when im Spining... so... what about if they has the monitors at right side?.. will i mix with my left ear on the headphone just the same if i were wearing it on the right?... or this could be a bug?.... is just my right ear trained to be on the headphone and left on speakers?... or could works viceversa... im planing to move my monitors and prove.. but i would liek to know your comments... do u always use one ear on headphone??
Arsalan
i think you should train your ear a little, because you never know whats gonna happen but im pretty sure youll be fine, for me i have to use my left ear for headphone because im standing right next to a wall and the speakers and the system are on my right side so i never tried with the other ear, but i think i should :D
TranceInMySoul
I prefer to use my left ear for the headphones, cos I seem to hear better with it ;)

But, both are ok, and I'm fine using the right ear in a club if the monitor is on the left side.
Tiger777
I use the right one, for the same reason why you use your left one :tongue2
DJ_Shockwav
a good dj is one that can adapt to any situation

meaning...
learn to beatmatch wearing your headphones every which way
right ear or left ear on, or both (incase the monitors suck)

and good luck with getting a gig
deejay2002
i mix with my headphones ON.....it might sound strange but it works out for me. I have MASTER cue on my DJM500 and i hit the channel cue every 5-10 seconds to make sure that everything's on beat :D
Kid Lax
i use headphones on my left ear, monitor with my right

i don't really think its necessary to learn both ears...ive played where the monitor was on my left side and i was fine...
if you can't hear it perfectly you can just turn your head a little so you can hear it better, but there isn't THAT much of a difference...everything is still really loud anyways :p

i would rather master one way, then be mediocre with both ears ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement