return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
TT comparison thread
View this Thread in Original format
SgtFoo
I'd just like to get our ideas together on comparing turntables available, based on these things...
-price -quality/reliability -namebrand

so for example, lets list the top 10 brand names for direct-driven TTs, in order of price and then in order of quality/reliability.
The only names I've heard of so far are
Technics, Numark & Gemini.
I just think this would help me and anyone who's shopping for TTs.
Tiger777
EXCUSE ME? A technics, belt driven?? :eyespop:

Belt driven TT's suck, remember that!
You better ask for Direct driven TTs...
basd
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger777
EXCUSE ME? A technics, belt driven?? :eyespop:

Belt driven TT's suck, remember that!
You better ask for Direct driven TTs...

And where did you read about belt-driven TT's?
ChavezHype
well if you ask me, from the little I've tried. I'd put Technics at the top along with Numark then Vestax then Stanton then Gemini from the main players. However if you're into scratching I'd put Vestax at the top (UMC's TT - PDX-2000) then it really depends - a close call in between stanton and technics and numark. Numark is hi-tec, but thats probably not why you'd buy TT's anyway. It's got better stats as we all know, but as everyone will at least say, you can't compare it with 20 years industry standards. As of now, Techs are built like tanks no one can tell from any of the others because simply they haven't been around as long. They're all comparable, but for me, Numark is my choice because I'll just take the risk. If they don't fall apart in 5 years, then they're great. As long as you try out each and get aquainted with them both, then you know what to expect wherever you go to DJ. If you want to tour, why not just go for what you desire? No one's gonna force you to use their own table(usually). However none of the other tables are particularyly "bad" unless you go low end. Watch out for really cheap tables, as you usually get your money's worth.
Just my 2 cents.:tongue3
Busy Child
i like tables like Stanton 100's because you can change the pitch to higher %'s. . . . so no more slowing down tracks for the next track you want to drop. . . .that way you can keep pumping beats faster and faster.
Tiger777
Damn, you're right, allthough I read it 3 times, I read BELT-DRIVED... Damn, my brains, bad, VERY bad... anyway

1)Technics
2)Stanton
3)Numark
4)Gemini(especially the PDT6000)
5)Vestax
6)DAP
7)Jb systems
8)Denon
9)Akiyama
10) American DJ
DJ_Shockwav
it's difficult to actually rank turntables

because there's so many brands and models out there
and i doubt there's anyone who's played on them all
therefore, any opinions will obviously be biased

and it all falls back on what people plan to use the TT for
different TTs are better for turntablists while others are better for house/trance mixing
Busy Child
I dont doubt technic's quality, but i would rather spend less on tables that have options like the stanton str8-100 and i certainly wouldnt mind spending a lil bit more money on tables like Numark TTX1.
DjTasper
lets not forget about gemini's PDT-6000 these are amazing for the price and all the specs meet or exceed techs. as for industry standard they just came out so they can't be to popular yet. i just bought a pair though waiting to get them in the mail. i'll post up here and tell you how they feel
prestige
Busy Child, i feel what you said, and DJ_Shockwav is true also..

imo, if i would rank TT's id say..

1.techs/numark
2.stanton
3.gemini

i belive that techs and numark are at the top of the list right now,
technics has been at the top for quite some time, ti'll nuamrk came out with the counterpart to the techies, the TTX1... i'd have to say they have equaled out

Busy Child
if numarks or stantons took their tables and just put an aluminum case on it . . .theyd be a serious threat to techs.
DJ-Fuq
why aluminium
techs r plastic
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement